Cauliflower Corn Chowder
- 1 can of light coconut milk (or 2 cups of your choice of non dairy full body milk)
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1 white onion
- 1 leek
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large carrot
- 1 russet potato
- 1 ear of corn
- olive oil
- truffle oil (optional for drizzling)
- vegan cheese
- Chop large carrot, russet potato, and ear of corn and set aside to add in later.
- Roughly chop cauliflower, white onion, leek, and garlic cloves. (large chunks are fine)
- Heat up enough olive oil to thinly coat the bottom of a large pot and add chopped vegetables.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. (about 1-2 tspn of each)
- Cook on medium to high with lid for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are cooked down and soft.
- Add can of coconut milk (or non dairy milk of your choice) and cook on low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Carefully use hand mixer to blend all ingredients in pot until desired texture.
- Add chopped carrot, potato, and corn to chowder base and let simmer o/n low for 10 minutes.
- Serve with cracked pepper, vegan shredded cheese, and drizzle with truffle oil.
Serving size: 2