Couscous with Cooper
- Organic pearl couscous (small box or 1 cup)
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in halves & soaked in balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 small yellow squash, chopped or sliced
- 1 small zucchini, chopped or sliced
- 1 sweet potato, cut into small cubes
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- ½ lemon, sliced
- Handful of fresh basil, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a saucepan heat a tbsp of olive oil.
- Add 1 cup of couscous and cook on low to medium heat for about a minute or two. Just enough to brown the pearls up a bit!
- Add 1½ cups of water and reduce heat to a simmer, cook covered until water is absorbed, or about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 2 – 3 minutes. Fluff gently with a fork.
- Saute all of the additional ingredients on medium to high heat starting with harder, more dense veggies like the sweet potato, zucchini and squash.
- Add veggies to couscous stir and serve!
- Feel free to garnish with extra basil and lemon if you'd like 🙂