Everything but the Kitchen Sink Soup!
- ¾ a cup of olive oil or enough to coat the bottom of your pot
- ½ of a white onion
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 stems of celery
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 3 large kale leaves
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh basil
- Frozen organic brown rice, or rice noodles
- Cracked black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- 21 seasoning (Trader Joes)
- 32 ounces of organic vegetable broth (I used low sodium)
- Heat olive oil in a medium pot.
- Chop all vegetables and saute.
- Add seasonings to taste, and let cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add broth and let simmer.
- Add frozen brown rice and continue to cook for 5-10 more minutes.
Serving size: 4
Be sure to check out www.summerland.is for all of your organic produce needs. Farm to door is the way to go!