Healthy Caesar Salad
- 2 cups organic kale, chopped
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 tbsp capers
- Caesar dressing, desired amount (recipe below)
- Chickpea croutons, desired amount (recipe below)
- Place the lettuce in a bowl and mix in capers.
- Pour desired amount of dressing and mix completely.
- Add in the chickpeas (reserving a handful) and lightly toss.
- Serve with the reserved chickpeas sprinkled on top.
- Feel free to top with anything else (pumpkin seeds, avocado, etc.)
CRISPY CHICKPEA CROUTONS
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain, rinse, and dry the chickpeas.
- Place the chickpeas in a medium bowl and lightly toss in the remaining ingredients. Make sure the chickpeas are fully coated.
- Pour onto parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Toss and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Put the oven on broil and cook for another 5-10 minutes. You want them to be slightly burned so they have a crunch to them.
VEGAN CAESAR DRESSING
- 1 c tahini
- 1 c filtered water
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp capers
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- juice of ½ a lemon
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor & blend until fully combined and creamy.
- To store for later, put in airtight jar and place in the refrigerator.
Big thanks to my good friend Ashlee for making this delicious caesar salad with me! Check out her blog, http://www.thenaturalee.com/ or IG, @thenaturalee_ for more yummy vegan inspo!