Nonna's Sauce aka The ONLY Sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, mined
- ½ a medium white onion, chopped
- 1 can of San Marzano whole peeled tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Parsley
- 2-3 tbsp of water
- A pinch of sugar (optional)
- Coat your pot with a layer of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add garlic and onions and let cook down on medium heat for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add can of tomatoes and cook for 15-20 minutes while occasionally stirring and crushing tomatoes with wooden spoon.
- Add water, basil, parsley, salt, cracked pepper and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Nonna likes to add a little sugar for extra flavor, but I usually go without. Your call.
- Continue to let simmer for another 10-15 minutes or until sauce is the perfect consistency.