Vegan Banana Bread
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup vegan butter or coconut oil
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- a few handfuls of chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk room temperature butter (or oil), with sugar, milk, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar.
- Sift together flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Mash bananas.
- Gently stir together the dry and wet mixtures. Fold in bananas and walnuts. Don’t over-stir, mix until ingredients are just combined to avoid dense bread.
- Bake for 30-50 minutes depending on your oven. Bake mini-loaves for 25-30 minutes.